1 min read
Here are some links about using modern Fortran:
- "Object Oriented Programming with Fortran 2003", from pgroup.com. They wrote 4 very good tutorial for a comprehensive dive-in into modern Fortran developping, especially focused on OOP programmation
- Object Oriented Programming with Fortran 2003 Part 1: Code Reusability
- Object Oriented Programming with Fortran 2003 Part 2: Data Polymorphism
- Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 2003 Part 3: Parameterized Derived Types
- Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 2003 Part 4: User-Defined Derived Type Input/Output
- and also Fortran Array Attributes: Pointer and Allocatable, Contiguous and Target that explains why you should use 'allocatable' instead of 'pointer' whenever it's possible.
- "Fortran Best Practices", a sort of cook-book to prevent bad coding practices in Fortran.